Monday, April 6, 2009

Speaking of walking on...

Wow, I am on a roll today! Ha. It helps that I'm sitting here in front of my laptop waiting for video to render and export on the other computer...and that I've already read through my feedreader and checked Facebook an insane number of times. But, I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm very grateful to be sitting here, in this cubicle, rendering video.

When I took the job in New Mexico, I was worried about the month and a half of free time I'd have before heading out there. Don't get me wrong, I love free time. But too much of a good thing...well, let's just say I find it hard to live with myself when I get bored.

I had just finished school on March 1 (yay for being done with college!) and also ended a 6 month freelance stint with a church I love. There were no obvious prospects for work on the horizon and I was fearing sitting in the basement staring at my wall.

However, God has been very good to me. The time I spent at home gave me much needed rest (it was crazy how much I slept) and time to gather my gear for this summer. Then, my network came through for me and I got an offer of one day helping with a video shoot that turned into a shoot plus three days of editing. And now, I have been offered an additional two weeks of editing. Wow!

Better yet, the schedule is flexible enough that I can make it back home for my CPR recert and Dr's appointment, spend Easter with the family and then head back to work (it's onsite stuff). Then, I'll be finished just under a week before it is time to leave.

I probably shouldn't be amazed when the Creator of the universe arranges the details of my life better than I could imagine...but I am. Time after time I step back and mentally hand the reins back over. I want to believe, just help me with my unbelief!

No comments: