Shwew! We made it! After over 12 hours on the road, our hotel outside of Oklahoma City looked very nice indeed. The city itself looked very nice with all it's lights. Altogether, the trip has gone very quickly and smoothly so far. Molly and I have had a great time talking, laughing and listening to music and Les Miserables.
Speaking of laughing, we've seen some funny sights on the way... Here they are in no particular order:
1) A tree hung with over a dozen pairs of shoes somewhere in western AL.
2) Sign: "Territorial Museum" (don't get too close to that one!)
3) Sign: "See Salisaw!" (OK has a lot of See Suchandsuch! signs and they're all enthusiastic, but this one was my fave).
4) Sign: "Now Entering Citizen Preservation Area" (As opposed to??)
The landscapes have been varied and beautiful as well. The more northern route through Arkansas is much preferable to the southern route we take to Dallas, which I have affectionately termed "Arkanblah." And as we were rolling into the city area here, we were treated to a most spectacular lightning show in the big sky.
I'll see about getting some pictures up soon...but for now I've just got to crash.
No comments:
Post a Comment