I just re-read my 22nd birthday card from my grandmother. The first time, I was distracted by the sweet note on the left hand side of the inside. It was a heart-felt "can't believe you're growing up" note with the traditional line about asking Dad about my birthday gift. (We used to get cash or checks, then it was reduced to sticky notes and now a line in the card directing us to her personal banker...but I digress.=)
Anyway, the front of the card reads, "God's grace is sufficient for every circumstance, every need, and every moment in our lives." Not exactly your traditional birthday greeting, but suitable enough.
Then, there's the inside, which reads: "May you experience His grace in abundant measure during this difficult time." Signed, "Love, Nanny".
I didn't think I was supposed to get this type of card until 40 or so! I guess 22 is over the hill in her book. (But she's got 60 some-odd years on me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment